Without a BBQ, Eid is impossible to imagine. The tempting Bihari boti, seekh kebabs and crunchy salad are irresistible.
Here are some tasty barbecue recipes for Eid.
* 450-500m bonesless meat cubes
* 2 Tbsp raw papaya paste
1 tbsp ginger garlic butter
* 1/2 to 1 tbsp green chili paste
* 1 Tablespoon salt
* 1 tbsp red bell pepper powder
* 1/2 tbsp garam masala powder
1/4 tsp star anise powder
* 1/4 cup yoghurt
* 1/2 tbsp poppyseeds roasted and ground
* 2 tbsp fried crushed onion
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tablespoons white vinegar
1. Allow the mixture to cool for at least 2 hours.
2. Add salt, red chilli and star anise flour yoghurt to the mixture. Mix well and allow it to marinate for 4-5hrs. It is best to leave it for at least overnight.
3. To the mixture, add oil and white wine before cooking.
4. The meat should be placed in a large pot.
5. Last, oil the barbecue for 2-3 minutes. Give it a coal smoke to enhance its BBQ flavour.
6. Serve Bihari Boti with the dips/chutneys of your choice
* 300g minced meat
* 1/2 beaten yolk
* 1 Tbsp dry Coriander
* 1 tbsp red Chilli Flakes
* 1 tablespoon dry pomegranate (anardana).
* 1 tsp turmeric paste
* 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
Salt to taste
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 medium onion
* 1 medium tomato
* 1 green chilli
* 1/8-pound fresh coriander
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger garlic
* 1 to 1/2 teaspoons gram flour (besan).
1. Finely chop an onion and tomato, green chili, and coriander, then add them to the bowl.
2. Mix in the remaining chopped veggies and allow it to cool in the fridge.
3. Add 1/2 egg to the mix. Heat oil and make flat Kebabs. Fry them on low to medium heat for about 7-8 minutes.
4. Serve hot with naan/paratha, fresh salad.
* Four tri-tip beef steaks
* 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
* 3 tablespoons oil
* 2 tablespoons mustard
* 2 tbsp rosemary
1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 2 tbsp soya sauce
* 1 tsp garlic paste
* 1 tsp minced red pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place the steak in an airtight container and then add the marinated dressing. Put the bag in the freezer for 2 hours.
3. Place the meat onto a grill. Continue cooking until it is smoked and brown on all sides.
4. Serve with a chilled beverage